Role: Financial Systems Consultant
Department: Infor Applications Division
Location: Head Office based in Strathclyde Business Park. Most of the work will be performed at customers’ offices across the UK.
Function: To provide consultancy services for customers in relation to their Financial Management Software.
Reports To: Financial Systems Services Manager.
Products: Infor Financial software and associated applications.
Roles & Responsibilities
Castle is currently recruiting for an Implementation Consultant position. This is an exciting and challenging role which offers the opportunity for someone to get involved in the implementation of a world-class Accounting and Finance solution, Infor SunSystems; with well-known private and public sector organisations.
The ideal candidate could come from related roles including systems accountant or implementation consultant. Consideration will also be given to candidates form other accounting or technology disciplines who have the right attitude, approach and the required level of knowledge.
Castles implementation methodology uses distinct project phases. Involvement in each phase is determined by the Consultants skills and experience together with the number of projects at a given stage in the implementation lifecycle. It is expected that the consultant will, after a period of training and exposure to relevant project tasks, expand their skills to meet all the following responsibilities;
- Provision of project team training. This includes explanation of modules, system functionality and terminology prior to the design workshops
- Facilitating and management of design workshops.
- Research & modelling of system functionality to confirm viability of design
- Documentation of design decisions
- Communication with the Project Manager to ensure traceability of requirements from project scope through to detailed design specification and ongoing management of implementation plan
- Provision of build expertise to configure the system in accordance with the system design
- End user training to customers
- Data migration assistance for legacy data ensuring correct accounting procedures are followed
- Financial report writing including operational, management and statutory reporting requirements
- Live running assistance including handover and liaison with support desk
- Provide effective support, incident management, and problem management service to customers. This will include incident and problem investigation, testing and resolution, and where appropriate escalation of incidents and problems to consultants, third party suppliers, or colleagues.
You must be able to work independently in a high performing team and a rapidly evolving environment and maintain the highest levels of customer service and professionalism.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Good knowledge of accounting procedures, financial reporting and processing requirements
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to improvise, solve novel problems and maintain a professional attitude in challenging circumstances
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills for data manipulation
- Customers are happy with the service they have received.
- Customers retain a reasonable expectation of the service provided and those expectations are met.
- Any issues likely to affect project or support delivery are highlighted in a timely manner as appropriate.
- Incidents and problems are resolved within the framework of the Service Level Agreement.
- Customers receive regular pro-active feedback to a minimum level as defined in the Service Level Agreement.
- Castle Computer Services are confident that the consultant represents the company in a professional manner and positively promotes the values of the company to others.
- Maintain a high level of personal product knowledge, requesting additional training as required.
- Build good working relationships with customers, colleagues and suppliers.