We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from September 1st 2017.
What we collect
We gather and use certain information in order provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information, including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to customer enquiries
- Other information pertaining to customer surveys and/or offers
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for and enables us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal record keeping
- To improve our products and services.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Cookies and how we use them
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server, typically to improve your user experience and commonly to gather analytical data about how the site is being used. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us to improve the waebsite structure, design, content and functions.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show you relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
- From time to time, we may also provide content (such as Youtube videos) that may set cookies when played.
What to do if you don’t want cookies to be set
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer, however this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Controlling your personal information
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you may see one or more tick boxes allowing to you:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, or post.
If you have previously agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on the unsubscribe link on any email sent by us
- Write to us at: Castle Computer Services Ltd, Stewart House, Pochard Way, Strathclyde Business Park, Bellshill, ML4 3HB
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
You may request details of any personal information which we may hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information please write to Castle Computer Services Ltd, Stewart House, Pochard Way, Strathclyde Business Park, Bellshill ML4 3HB.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.