A complete document imaging and file management solution for Opera 3
Information is vital to business but it’s how you manage it that really makes the difference. With Opera 3 Document Management all your essential business documents can be scanned, indexed and archived electronically, with instant retrieval from users’ desktops.
A complete document imaging and file management solution, Document Management handles all key business information: general correspondence, customer purchase orders, supplier documentation including delivery notes, invoices and credit notes, job costing paperwork, such as timesheets and requisitions, payroll and HR documents and many others. You'll never lose paperwork again.
Document Management has five primary functions:
- Capture (from scanned images or electronic files)
Stored documents can be accessed easily, either by using intuitive search criteria or directly from individual transactions, records or accounts throughout Opera 3 simply by double-clicking the Attached Documents icon.
- Manual, transactional or deferred indexing plus optional barcode integration
- Capture, retrieval and archiving of files
- Documents are tracked, with full auditability from individual files to system level
- Reporting by date or user range
- High levels of security including full user security to single image level and encryption of names, descriptions and images
Moving from paper-based to electronic environments can have invaluable benefits for businesses across all industries:
- Paper waste is significantly reduced
- The risk of misplacing documents is eliminated
- The need for office space to store document archives is minimised
- Files are kept in a central location
- Legislative data storage requirements are more easily met
- The quality and speed of customer care is improved
- Access to files and documents is quick and easy
- Going green is simplified
Advance Document Management
Advanced Document Management comes as standard with Opera 3 Document Management and offers two additional functions: Content Indexing and Deferred Indexing.
Content Indexing captures words from machine typed text, scanned .TIFF images and .txt and .doc files allowing users to perform searches on the content of stored files and making it even easier to retrieve documents.
- Content Indexing enhances the use of captured data within Document Management including:
- Inclusion and exclusion dictionaries which allow you to manage the words that are searchable in the document
- Improved retrieval and analysis of data which allows for cross reference of documents using any combination of words
Captured data can either be indexed at the point of capture, or at a later stage with Deferred Indexing. Users will enjoy greater flexibility including:
- Documents can initially be captured as a batch without being immediately indexed, and can optionally be assigned to a user for indexing
- Ability to browse, create and index a batch from images created by multi-function devices such as large photocopiers that 'scan' to a path on the network
Document Management Desktop
Ideal for non-Opera 3 users, Document Management Desktop enables everyone in the office to access documents stored in Document Management, as well as capture and index electronic documents, without needing to use Opera 3.